Tuesday, July 1, 2014

6 WEEKS!!!!

Today's Craving: EVERYTHING

I thought that for my 6 weeks post, I would post some of my before and afters and some progress pictures:

Here you can see the change in my midline. I tried my best to draw a line from the center of my nose, through my cupid's bow (the dip in your top lip) and straight down. You can see how much more centered my jaw is now.


Here's a close up of my teeth, which is the real reason for me having the surgery. As you can see, the alignment on the left made my bite really inefficient. I could't really bite straight through anything (steak sandwich?? forget it) It's also what caused my jaw joints to be out of alignment, causing my TMJ problems. Now, my teeth line up almost perfectly. It's a little hard to see with the splint in my mouth (that clear piece between my teeth). After I am done recovering from surgery, my orthodontist will work on making sure my teeth are straight and fitting in my mouth as best as possible. 


Here are my progress pictures from every week:





Tomorrow, I am set to get my wires taken off! I'll be able to brush my teeth and eat soft foods. I honestly cannot believe that 6 weeks has gone by already. I feel good about my recovery so far, and I feel like I am in good spirits. I can only hope that it continues through the rest of my recovery!

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! The change is so dramatic. Looking good sister!

    ReplyDelete