Friday, June 13, 2014

Day 24 - Giants torture

Today's Craving: Quesadilla

As I was settling comfortably in the recliner last night, I heard a noise coming from the chimney. I sat straight up and strained to listen in case it happened again. I didn't hear anything else, but of course I woke dad up and asked him to put the barricade back up. So there we were in the wee hours of the morning re-constructing a barricade…

When we woke up in the morning, Dad went outside to clean up the backyard. When he got out there, he found a bunch of mom's plants had been dug up, by some critter (we're assuming). Now, we think that maybe that's what I heard, instead of something in the fireplace. I still won't let Dad take down the barricade though. After I threw myself together for the day, Amy and Dominic came over to visit. They brought me flowers and a bunch of goodies from the team at work. I swear, I've never been so spoiled and I am so grateful. I'm so lucky to be on such a supportive team. After catching up with Amy, Dominic and I played Wii, created his Mii and ended up starting a puzzle. It was a 1000 piece puzzle though, so he wasn't exactly thrilled. He was, however, thrilled that Mom had a balcony, and when Mom showed it to him on the "tour" he said "Oh, I have to show my Mom this!". I was actually really surprised that Dominic was able to understand me when I spoke. I hope hat's a good sign.


After we bid Dominic and Amy adieu, it was time to get ready for the evening. You see, long before we knew the timing of my surgery, we had decided to get tickets to 2 giants games in a row. The original plan was to try and spend the weekend up in SF, but with my recovery and some other obstacles, it wasn't going to happen. But since I've been feeling pretty good lately, we decided to still try and go to the game. Of course, we had the contingency that if I started feeling bad, we would head home early. 

We showed up at the game, and everyone decided what they wanted to eat. You see, as much as I love to go to Giants games to watch baseball, I love it even more because the food is awesome in our section. There's a huge assortment: a mexican food station with burritos, nachos and quesadillas, asian rice bowls, pizza, garlic fries, carver sliders and the ballpark classic: the hot dog. As soon as we stepped into the field club I was assaulted by all of the smells. It was torture! I waited in line with Kevin at the carvery, and lucky for him, the cook figured we were sharing the slider sandwiches Kevin ordered so she made them extra big. I vehemently also tried to talk him into getting the potato salad on the side (so I could enjoy it in my mind), but he didn't go for it. I was practically drooling by the time we got to the cashier. At least after that we made our way to the seats, where I wasn't engulfed in the smell of food I can't eat. ..that is until the hot dog vendor walked by! Not to worry though, dear readers. About half way through the game, I pulled out a trusty Ensure. I'm sure the people sitting around us were very confused. 


The game ended up being terrible, but after the game there was a fireworks display! Fireworks are my weakness; I love them! It may have something to do with my birthday, but if there's ever an opportunity to see fireworks, I'm all over it. So at least the display made up for the crappy game.


After the fireworks, we made our way back to the car. We packed ourselves in and headed for home, with the knowledge that Dad and I would be back in about…oh…12 hours. 

Here's my progress picture for the evening:


Thanks for reading :)


No comments:

Post a Comment