Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Day 29 - Raincloud, go away!

Today's craving: Chips and Guacamole
Well I woke up in time to catch part of the Australia vs Netherlands game this morning. I was hoping Australia would hold on to the lead but what can you do. I was still kind of in a little funk this morning so I just kind of hung out in my recliner. When mom got off of her call and came downstairs to see me, I had a little breakdown. I had a quick crying spell and mom was able to talk me through it. Honestly, I'm surprised it didn't happen earlier. I've always been a bit of a baby when I'm sick, and I've lasted this long so I guess it was inevitable. I hope this little rain cloud doesn't hang around too much longer though. 

After a bit, I got myself cleaned up and Joanna came over to watch the Spain game. It was so nice to have her here because it really cheered me up. It took my mind off everything. The game on the other hand…yikes. It just plain sucked! Uncle John came over to pick up some of the pictures that Mom brought home from Gramma's house, so we all went through a few of them together.

Eventually, everyone left so I settled myself into the recliner and decided to watch "Diary of a Mad Black Woman" on TV. Nothing like a little Madea to cheer a girl up! Then I continued on with "Think Like a Man", so I can see the sequel soon :P A productive afternoon of movie watching. It was nice to just zone out for a while and get lost in a couple of easy going movies.

After a bit, Kevin got home from soccer practice. We all changed quickly and went on a nice walk around the neighborhood. When we came home, we watched some TV and I had my evening milkshake. Dad made it a Reese's milkshake this time. After that, Mom drew me a relaxing bath. I soaked in the tub for close to an hour and was so relaxed when I got out. We had decided that tonight was the night I would try sleeping upstairs in the bed, instead of the recliner. Mom and I arranged the pillows and tried out a couple of different configurations until we found the one that worked best for me. I have to sleep with my head elevated and I have to make sure that I do not roll over on my side. As I brushed my teeth and put my PJs on, another bout of nausea hit me again. This time it was really bad. I felt like I was gonna be sick, but desperately hoped that I didn't. Luckily, that didn't happen. But I settled myself into bed, tried to make myself as comfy as possible and eventually drifted off to sleep.

Also, I forgot to take a progress picture for the day :(

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment