Sunday, June 29, 2014

Day 39 & Day 40: Weekend Recap

Weekend Craving: Linguica…in any way, shape or form

Day 39 - Saturday

This morning, Kevin and I slept in while Mom and Dad walked to Starbucks. When they got home, we got ourselves together and headed out to run some errands. First, we headed over to Buffalo Wild Wings so everyone could get some lunch. I had figured that they had to serve milkshakes there, but once we were seated and I checked out the menu, I realized I was wrong. So we tried to sneak out before our waiter saw us. As we were sneaking out, the manager asked us how our experience was and Mom asked about the milkshakes. When we told him that I was wired shut, he was very accommodating and assured us that he would blend up whatever I needed. So I had a chocolate milkshake for lunch. The other great thing about Buffalo Wild Wings is that they have a restaurant wide trivia game, so I was able to play that rather than staring at everyone eating.

After lunch, we headed over to the Nike Store to check it out, since none of us had been there. They were having a good sale so I picked up a few things. Then we ran over to Old Navy because they were having their $1 flip flop sale. I mean c'mon, who can resist a $1 flip flop?!? I also picked up a birthday outfit for myself since we're less than a week away. We rounded out the errands by doing a Target run, where I only remembered half of the things that I originally planned on purchasing. Why does that always happen when you don't make a list?

Now, when I woke up that morning my nose was a little tickly. I took my allergy medicine (the children's liquid form, of course) and continued on with my day but the tickle never really went away. It wasn't until we got home from our errands that my nose went crazy. I had crossed over into full-blown allergy attack mode. My nose immediately blocked up, meaning that I could only breathe through my mouth. Which, in case you forgot, is wired shut. Also, I did something I've been dreading since my surgery: I sneezed. And…just as I expected, it was pretty uncomfortable. Luckily, I have some pretty good caretakers. Mom set me down in my recliner with a cold compress, while Kevin ran to the store to buy liquid Sudafed and some breath right strips. Luckily, the combo seemed to really help and I was eventually able to breathe again.

After my allergy attack had subsided a bit, we all decided to check out the festa that was happening in San Jose. This was Mom and Dad's first festa experience and, quite frankly, they didn't know what they were getting into. We quickly ran into Kevin's family as soon as we arrived. Everyone else enjoyed linguisa sandwiches and I sat and watched the band. It actually worked out really well allergy-wise, because I was able to hang out in the open air and it made me feel much better. After a bit, we all went back home and immediately passed out.

Festa time!


Day 40 - Sunday

After an exhausting Saturday, I slept in as much as I could on Sunday before getting up to take care of a few things before heading out to Dominic's birthday party. He was turning 7 and was having a pool party to celebrate. Kev and I packed up our suits, sunscreen and some banging gifts (if I do say so myself) and we were on our way.

We got to the pool a little early to help set up for the party. I was helping decorate and Kevin was on lifeguard duty. I brought an Ensure to enjoy while everyone was eating, but Kevin said that the food was awesome. Plus Dominic's grandpa had made this bangin pirate ship out of a watermelon!

I mean, c'mon. Too cool!

When it came time for cake, Amy's mom was even nice enough to get me a milkshake since she knew that I couldn't eat! It was so sweet! She even figured out what flavor is my favorite. It was such a thoughtful gesture on a day when there was already so much going on. We had such a good time celebrating and hanging out with everyone.

After the party, we hadn't had enough pool fun, so we had Mom and Dad meet us at our apartment pool. We all swam for a bit before making our way back home. We spent the rest of the night watching "Iron Man 3" and in my case, booking my hotel for Disney World. Huzzah! Overall, it was a great weekend. I was definitely pooped but it was way worth it :)

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment